GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT
The Bislig City Water District upholds the Gender and Development programs of its personnel and staff. The programs are part of:
1. Observance of the National Women's Month celebration last March 1-31, 2021. This year's theme, "We Make Change, Work for Women" with a sub-theme: "Juana Laban sa Pandemya: Kaya!" serves as a tribute, a platform, and a call to action that highlights the extraordinary roles of ordinary juanas inthe society as trailblazers and harbingers of change. This celebration is also a venue to discuss and address the issues that women continue to face so empowerment can be fully achieved. The campaign is also a call for concrete, sustainable, and inclusive actions towards gender equality.
2. Observance of the 121st Philippine Civil Service Anniversary last September 16, 2021. With the theme. "Transforming Public Service in the Next Decade. Honing Agile and Future-Ready Servant-Heroes", reflecting the path civil service has to take to build on the gains of last year's modernization efforts in thewake of the COVID 19 pandemic, and the role of HR in building a competent and credible workforce in the new normal. The CSC responded to the pandemic by issuing a series of HR policies to introduce flexible work arrangements and modernized HR procedures, as well as to emphasize employee welfare and safety. These HR policies guided government workers in navigating the new normal and achieving worklife balance as well.
The Bislig City Water District upholds the Cender and Development programs for its personnel and staff. The Programs are part of:
1. Observance of the National Women's Month celebration last March 1-31, 2020. This year's theme, "We Make Change Work for Women," the celebration aims to highlight the empowerment of women as active contributors to claimholders of development. The pursuit of development is also anchored on the committment of "Malasakit at Pagbabago" or True Compassion and Real Change.
2. Observance of the 120th Philippine Civil Service Anniversary last September 16,2020. With the theme, "Public Sector in the Age of Digital Transformation", under scoring the use of emerging technologies in the pursuit of efficient service delivery in the philippine government, especially in the context of emergency situations.
The Gender and Development programs implemented were:
1. Observance of the National Women’s Month celebration last March 1-31, 2019. This year’s theme, “We Make Change Work for Women,” focus on strengthening efforts to improve and track the progress of implementation of the Magna Carta of Women (MCW), and other relevant laws and commitments to the international community such as the Convention on the Elimination of All forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), the Beijing Platform for Action (BPfA), and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
2. Observance of the 119th Philippine Civil Service Anniversary last September, 2018. With the theme, “Civil Service at 119”: Upholding Integrity and a High Trust Society".